Yes the ‘terrible twos’ are indeed terrible for all involved — but they are NOTHING compared to when your little darling becomes a ‘threenager’.
You need to brace yourself for daily doses of stubbornness, attitude, dismissiveness, unwarranted hostility and…did we mention stubbornness?
While there are probably 100 absolutely maddening things you know if you’re the parent of a threenager, we here at EVOKE.ie have whittled it down to just the nine…
1. ‘I’m tired’
You need to go to creche on time? You need to meet someone? Forget it! They’re ‘tired’, apparently.
2. Finding out what they did at playschool today requires CIA-level interrogation skills
You will get nothing out of them.
JUST BECAUSE, OK??!
4. Bedtime is a warzone
If you want them asleep by 8pm, the bedtime process would need to begin at about noon or so.
5. They only like 4 foods now
And three of them are sausages.
6. They need to have that toy NOW and nothing else will do
But they left that toy in creche and it’s Saturday afternoon.
7. They need to wear a specific T-shirt or top and not THAT ONE
The one they want has both their own poo and that of their sibling on it. And it’s in the bin.
8. They can’t walk at any pace past ‘enjoying the stroll’
The shop is 10 minutes away. You have now been gone for an hour. And you have not yet arrived at said shop.
9. You are ridiculed for getting cartoon characters’ names wrong.
‘NOOOOO, that’s Peppa NOT Scooby DOO!!!’
For all other news on the celebrity